“I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DANCE FOR HOMECOMING?!?!?!?!?”
- Question submitted by Anonymous
OH GOD. ISN’T THAT SORT OF SOON? WHEN IS HOMECOMING.
*googles darren’s dance grooves video*
You can do a few things.
1) Get a friend and learn a few swing/shag dance moves (from the internet?)… Those are ALWAYS fun to pull out at a dance, and you look really professional, but all you do is hook your arms together twice… it rules
2) Jump Dancing – for fast songs, just jump up and down and close your eyes and bob your head… if you’re having fun, no one cares what you look like.
3) Funny Dancing – this includes moves like the Robot, the Cabbage Patch, the Running Man, Crypt Walking (poorly), the Lawn Mower, the Sprinkler, the Shopping Cart, etc.
4) Shy Dancing – standing in a group of friends and not really moving your feed, but swaying your shoulders and head back and forth very gently.
5) Don’t thrust your pelvis and you’ll probably be fine.
Does anyone actually ever learn how to dance? Besides professional dancers and Natalie Portman for that movie with the dead swans?
If you meant dancing to fast songs, I think the key here is not in learning actual DANCE moves, but just slowly working up the nerve to move as you want to move and not caring what other people think. It’s like… I just jump around and bop my head and mostly look hilariously funny and ridiculous, but SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.My friends and I used to play a game where we would all impersonate our friends’ dance moves, AND IT WAS SO FUNNY BC WE ALL HAD VERY SPECIFIC RIDICULOUS THINGS WE DID. WHO CARES. YOLO. ETC.
If you mean slow dancing, that is a cakewalk. Just get really close to and wrap your arms around a consenting person and then sway until the song is over.
Moral of the story: The less you THINK the better you’ll DANCE.
Also, I do agree that when all else fails you can just do the Robot and the Sprinkler, get some punch, repeat…